My favourite things at the moment: H&M homewares, Cabaret L’enfer, Embroidery, Tate online art courses and the opening of West Elm in the UK.
- New stock in at my all time favourite place for cheap homewares – H&M, I love so much here. The most expensive item from my picks is the first shower towel for £12.99, they would look perfect when we decorate the bathroom whether we paint it white, teal or black. Also the Xmas cake stand is just too sweet for words.
- The Tate announced last week that they will be running a free online course looking at the life and work of Andy Warhol starting in April 2014. The 5 week course will focus on critical themes to understanding his work – celebrity; sex; money; death; and time. Enroll here.
- Two picks from my run down this week were sent to me by fabulous friends. The first are these charmingly intricate embroidered brooches made by super talented Polish designer Paulina Bartnik available on Etsy and found by my dear friend Joanna. They are just so, so cute you could swoon.
- Another interiors mecca from America – West Elm – arrives in the UK today, opening its first European store on London’s Tottenham Court Road. I can’t wait to go and peruse their plethora of modern bohemian style. There is also news on the grapevine that sister company Pottery Barn (whom I adore) are due to open a UK store in the near future…Hooray.
- My lovely buddy Jane-Pasqualina shared this article with me on Facebook, its a wonderful piece about Parisian clubs and bars of the fin de siecle. They contain the most bizarre and brilliant variety – Dante’s inferno, sitting on coffins and drinking cocktails named after diseases any one? Je t’aime la belle epoque…