My favourite things at the moment: The new Pink edit at Heals, Bison in Native American headdress poster, Ostheimer, Grand Hotel Budapest and Embers by Sandor Marai.
- Think Pink with the new edit on the pink trend at Heals. All this pink around on the high street inspired by Pantone’s colour choice for 2014 – Radiant Orchid – is proving a useful inspiration point for my new bedroom theme of whites with pastels. I love, love, love this table.
- The trailer for Wes Anderson’s latest film Grand Hotel Budapest. Visually Anderson’s canon of films are exquisite, I love his style, pure wallpaper viewing at its finest. And my! Tilda Swinton has never looked more fabulous! The film is out in the UK on 7th March, watch the trailer here.
- Embers by Sandor Marai is a short Hungarian novel that will transport you to another time and place with its delicate, elegiac and beautiful descriptions of a lost world. A twentieth century European masterpiece you won’t regret reading.
- I’m taking America as quite a firm reference point for our new bedroom design and when I saw this poster of a bison in Native American headdress I just couldn’t resist it. Print by Sandra Dieckmann available for £11 from Curiouser & Curiouser store.
- The very most darling object I’ve found all month is this wooden donkey hand crafted in Germany by a company called Ostheimer. It is being stocked by Couveture and The Garbstore for £14 alongside an array of other beautiful animals. I tried to buy one yesterday but they are currently out of stock, crossing my fingers that they are re-stocked soon!