My favourite things at the moment: Honeycomb and pompom paper decorations, Flea folly architects, Keira Rathbone, Grayson Perry & Lana Del Rey.
- These glorious vintage style pompom decorations new in at Graham & Green, they remind you of nans house at Christmas and are all the more covetable for it.
- An exhibition which closes today at the Design Museum showcasing the work of architects FleaFolly. Last summer to mark the 200th anniversary of the publication of The Brothers Grimm tales this company re-imagined their fairy tales through structure in a workshop on the outskirts of the Black Forest in Germany. Their works in miniature are so dramatic and intriguing:
- The discovery that one of my favourite singers Lana Del Rey has recorded a cover version of a song I love – Chelsea Hotel by Leonard Cohen. I may still prefer the original but her vocals are sumptuous…
- Contemporary artist Keira Rathbone who had the genius idea of drawing with vintage typewriter keys. I especially like her figure sketches, you can purchase prints of some of her work at etsy.
- The Reith lectures given by Greyson Perry this month – thought provoking, funny and accessible. I haven’t heard this weeks one yet, but thought the first and third were both brilliant, one had me wondering which bracket of gallery visitor I fit, think I may be rather horrified by it, listen to them on i-player here.